Saturday, October 23, 2010

Changes of Fall

Fall is my favorite time of year. In case you haven't noticed, I love everything about it. I love putting on jeans for the first time after a long hot summer of shorts and dresses. The colors change and the weather changes, but also everyone's schedules change. This past year has been full of change for our family, but in this season the change seems to just keep on coming. I sometimes have a hard time embracing life's changes, but lately I have been grateful for them. 
God has been speaking to Daniel and I. We both hear his voice, and we are trying to be sensitive to changes he wants to make in our lives. We have spent a good chunk of our married lives searching for a church to call home, and I am confident that God has finally given us that place at Bridgeway Church. We are both finding real relationships, and accountability. Ransom has TONS of kids to grow up with. We are just feeling so blessed in this place. We have been attending for some months now, and each week seems to bring a new challenge and some encouragement. God certainly had a reason for allowing us to be wandering from church to church during the season that we were in, but in this new season we are grateful for the stability. We can't wait to see what great things God has in store for us!




I think Ransom loves Fall at least as much as I do!


2 comments:

  1. i' m SOOOO glad you guys have found a "home" in BW! this post was exciting to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i posted a comment :) I get all backwardsy in Blog World some times :)

    Maybe not - Jessica, i just wanted to tell you how much i've been enjoyiing your blog, how very real and from the heart it is. You are such a gifted writer!! Beautiful photos too, it's fun to see your family. So happy for you all and the new one coming to join the fam!! :)

    ReplyDelete